Monday, August 3, 2015

Spiritual Spider-Man

Spiritual- I'm on a mission. That's kind of a given.
Spider-Man: "with great power comes great responsibility" A great little quote, and kind of goes along with my spiritual thought from last email. Also, I've become the resident exterminator in our piso [apartment] since everyone else has either never seen a cockroach before or is afraid of them. Me, I take the more "Liam Neison" side of things, "I WILL find you... and I WILL kill you."

Another pretty great week on the mission.
Some highlights are as follows,

Catalan grandmas Rosa and Vickie were baptized, and it was beautiful. The Elders have been working with them for a long time, and it's nice to see the happy ending and the joy it's brought to their lives. Willy came to their baptism and fasted with us. A leap of faith on his part.  I have no doubt in my mind that he will be baptized. But I'm also learning to trust in the Lord and His timing.

Changes in the mission- a new baptismal goal, an area closed, a bigger District. And hey, we got a photo together!
Elders Maurer, Moyano, Pratt, Farley, Johnson, and House. Hermanas Lee Wiseman, Eyring, and I

Thanksgiving dinner and surprise eating citas.
Eating with members after Fast Sunday is GREAT!  Eating again a couple hours later when you were NOT prepared sort of nullifies whatever self-image you regained after fasting.  Pero Bueno [but good].  This extra weight is just proof that the members love us.

Hermana Lee makes us Korean food, Hermana Eyring makes us cookies... Hermana Wiseman and I get fat. ;)

This week I had the opportunity to go on an Intercambio with Hermana Eyring (who I mentioned briefly a couple of emails ago, and since then we found out that she would be trained by Hermana Lee and has been living with us ever since.) She is so dedicated, ready to talk to everyone and has a genuine love for the people here. She's also almost as tall as I am (a nice change), usually gets my Disney references (though Hermana Wiseman has been doing better in that department lately), likes to sing with me, and likes to take care of people. She also taught me how to fold napkins #lifeskill. She's a great addition to the mission and our piso.

I'd like to share a quote about the Book of Mormon. It's pretty essential to everything we do as members, leaders, and missionaries. I have a copy always in my hand and though it's sweaty and gross (or gone, if I give it away) by the end of the day, it helps me remember the importance of the words I carry in my hands and in my heart.

"It is not just that the Book of Mormon teaches us truth, though it indeed does that.  It is not just that the Book of Mormon bears testimony of Christ, though it indeed does that, too.  But there is something more.  There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the straight and narrow path.  The scriptures are called “the words of life” (D&C 84:85), and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance."-Ezra Taft Benson

Wish a Sister missionary a happy siblings day, ok?
 Lots of love!
-Hermana Een



No comments:

Post a Comment