Monday, August 10, 2015

Lead Me, Guide Me

Lead: to show with surety, the way to go. Knowing well the pathway is usually a prerequisite.
Guide: help, assist

Blind leading the blind: what happened this morning since my companion slept with her contacts in and slightly (but temporarily, don't freak out TOO much) damaged her eye. Basically she's become a vampire, sensitive to direct sunlight and... that's about where the similarities end. And since you are all pretty familiar with my astounding sense of directions, I'm sure you can fill in the gaps.

This has been a great week, though honestly (looking back on it) I'm not sure when it began and was surprised to find that it has ended. Es una cosa de la misiĆ³n, tiempo vuela. [It is a thing of the mission, time flies]

I believe in seeing miracles every day, but one of the tender mercies this week was teaching a family, a REAL FAMILY, the plan of salvation. Usually there's some impediment: they're not married, someone has to get divorced first, or some sort of familial discord, but THIS family could/should be eternal. And we get to teach them HOW to be. (Which is awesome)

 Another miracle was just after a visit failed and as we were talking to the member to decide what to do, a woman approached us. We started talking to her. She said she was a member, but hasn't been able to go to church in the past 12 years because her husband wouldn't let her. But she told us that she's been faithfully reading the Book of Mormon daily, pulling an older, well-worn copy of the book FROM HER PURSE, to prove the point. It was just such a tender moment of faith for me.

We haven't been able to see Willy since he came to the baptism last Saturday, and he didn't respond to the texts when asking if we'd see him that Sunday, so we didn't think he would. But he did. He told us his experience with fasting, and I'm continually blown away by his faith and diligence. I'm grateful for the chance I had to help find this church and hope I'm here to see the day he becomes a member.

We were really able to focus on and HELP some less-active members this week, which was a great blessing both to them and to us.

Hitting the middle of your mission is hard. But you mull it over, find something profound to move you forward, and keep pushing on.

It's the last week of the Transfer (that means no letter until Tuesday) and we don't really know what will happen, but whatever does, I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to be companions with Hermana Wiseman. We've done incredible things and been through a lot together. I continue to learn from her love of the gospel and the people here.

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will,
I’ll live with him once more.

Love you all!
 Hermana Een
I borrowed her shirt without seeing her outfit and when we saw each other in church...unplanned twins!

Members in Barcelona (Jairo and Miriam, JAS representatives), Hermanas Wiseman and Een

No comments:

Post a Comment