Monday, November 16, 2015

Llegué a Lleida

Llegar- to arrive.  In this case, by an early train.
Lleida- a city without metros. We have a castle though, so that's pretty cool. To be honest, I don't know exactly where it is on the map, but I know it's about an hour and a half from Barcelona and that I'm back in Cataluña.
There is a castle on a cloud . . . . 

Castle/cathedral La Seu Vella.


Llegué a Lleida and the sky was gray, a chill had settled... And it stayed that way.
Singin' in the Rain in Lleida 

Yep. The winter I was worried about in Bilbao caught up with me here in Lleida. It's "see-your-breath" cold, "wear-a-blanket-around-your-neck-and-call-it-a-scarf" COLD. But then I remember that there are missionaries in Russia, and I remember that I can't complain.
High School friend Dawn Dimick who is currently serving in Russia, picture posted on fb today.
It was a good week. We met with a family (Evelyn, Ariana, and Laila) the Hermanas here had contacted a few weeks ago, and they are ready to go. The little girl is in Alma (in the picture version, but still. She's nine). There's a lot up and going on here in Lleida, and I'm grateful to be a part of it. But we've also had our share of last nights and citas [appointments] that fell through -ALL of them- for two days straight.  Those are defining moments for missionaries. And after the frustration fades, you get back out there and try again. You play contacting games and talk to EVERYONE. And then you are blessed. On one of those nights, we were looking at a goose-egg day, we hadn't been able to teach a single lesson. But with a prayer warming my heart we went forth and met two Bulgarian women. They've had hard lives and we saw them open up as we testified of the Plan of Salvation and set up another time to visit with them. Moments later we had a similar experience with two sweet Brazilian ladies. I know that even though it was hard to be there, God needed us on the streets that night.

There's a lot of adjustments I'll still need to get used to, but I'm excited to keep working in the  Lord's Vineyard.

I read Jacob 5 this morning (often seen more as a chore than a pleasure) and now as I understand the parable better, I'm able to pull more out of it and specifically pondered on the verse 47
47 But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have not nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have stretched forth mine hand almost all the day long, and the end draweth nigh.

We must work diligently, and receive correction along the way. This is his vineyard, and every sprout is precious.

Lleida hosts the Snail Festival in May each year
Looking forward to more miracles, until next week.
Hermana Een

No comments:

Post a Comment